Senior Django Developer
RemoteSwitzerland, Zürich, ZürichTech Team
Would you like to work with a young, modern and fresh team at a Swiss-based digital agency? Do you aspire to become a Full Stack Senior Developer and can demonstrate solid backend experience?
We are looking for a committed freelancer to form part of our distributed technical team developing and maintaining django and django CMS projects for our clients in Switzerland and abroad. You'll be able to look into different projects and learn from our interdisciplinary team.
what. AG is one of the leading digital consultancies with a headquarter in Zurich, Switzerland. With our global team, we build digital products, create outstanding websites, and help our clients to grow. Our clients range from leading startups to global Enterprises.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You have 4 years of professional experience and a proven track record of working on Django projects.
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a remote working contractor
- You have a good grasp of the Django and python way of programming and write clean and simple code.
- You have a solid grasp of HTML5, twitter-bootstrap, SCSS / CSS and typescript
- You have experience in implementing simple designs from mockups in a responsive, pixel-perfect way.
- You have a good grasp of git on the command line.
- You have a good grasp of Linux server administration (Linux terminal, Nginx, uwsgi, etc.)
- You have some experience with docker for local development
- You have some experience with integrations
- You are able to see projects from the perspective of the client and are going out of your way to help clients achieve their goals.
- You like to take on responsibility and are proud of what you deliver. You are reliable and punctual, you can get things done
- You know when to focus on resolving an issue on your own and when to escalate a problem or obstacle to senior developers or project owners.
- Your professional interests go beyond programming and you like to take part in planning, estimation and concepts for new features and tasks.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English language are a must.
- React/Vue knowledge is a significant plus
- You have some formal training, a CS degree is a plus
- Django CMS knowledge optional / preferred
How it is to work with us / your benefits
At what. we believe that work should be fun and something you want to do and not something you have to do. We help that along with the following:
- Need to take care of something in the morning and want to catch up later? No problem. We are results-oriented not micromanaging.
- Remote & flexible working arrangement
- Flat hierarchy - Get decisions fast when you need them.
- You have a large amount of responsibility in your department. Do you want to change something? See possibilities to improve how we do things or what we do? The only thing needed is to speak up and we will discuss.
- Multicultural and multidisciplinary team with a focus on improving and learning. We want you to learn and grow which is why you also have access to individual training and guidance.
- Opportunity to conduct a fundamental role in our company with long-term perspective
- Opportunities to visit clients on-site in Switzerland
- Weekly remote pilates classes for all.
- Fair compensation. Also, if you are not in Zurich you can come and visit us - we cover the costs.
Along with your CV and a short intro video, please attach a Django or TypeScript snippet (a project, file, etc) written by you that you consider a good representation of your engineering skills.
Information for recruitment agencies: for this position, we only accept direct applications from candidates and will not consider applications from agencies.